httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@linuxcare.com>
Subject 1.3 API question
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 16:15:49 GMT
PHP can do standard HTTP authentication directly even though it is run as
a content handler.  You can send the 401 directly from a PHP script.  PHP
then sets $PHP_AUTH_USER and $PHP_AUTH_PW variables from the Authorization
header allowing people to authenticate against whatever backend they wish.
However, I still haven't figured out how to get the authenticated name
into the %u part of the log.  I, of course, tried the obvious:

    r->connection->user = pstrdup(r->pool,auth_user);
    r->connection->ap_auth_type = "Basic";

but this didn't do the trick.  What did I miss?

-Rasmus