httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: hooks
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 23:10:21 GMT

> > ....  I keep meaning to move files around and modify
> > Makefiles to untie these, but other things keep coming up.  I think we
> > need modules/protocol/echo and modules/protocol/http directories.  I also
> > would like to see lib/utils.  I plan on doing some of this work this week
> > unless somebody beats me to it.  :-)
> If everybody is happy with lib/utils then I'll attempt to beat you to
> it for the md5, sha1, base64, getpass, etc.

I would still really like to see all of these files in APR.  They all use
APR types, and although the code is all common for all platforms, they are
portability issues for most programs.  By moving them into different
directories within APR, we can enable and disable them at compile time.

At the very least getpass is a portability issue, and it doesn't always
have common code, so it definately belongs in APR.

Which things are included in the etc?  I would like to be VERY careful
about what we move out of APR, because some of the functions in the lib
directory are portability issues, and not cruft for APR.

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message