httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: --enable-dav
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 19:43:00 GMT

> I agree.  Even though I use DAV on 1.3.12 I think it should be OFF by
> default.  If someone wants it on, then they probably know what it is and how
> to use it.  A much better solution.
>
> I'm sure Greg will contribute some VERY easy to understand instructions on
> setting up DAV and how to enable it so it won't be hard.  Of course it does
> raise the question of whether it will be included in a binary build?
>
> I think we should make it easier to turn ON though...

Our binary builds only do the default modules, and mod_so.  It should be
very easy to turn DAV on with apxs, which does work in 2.0.  The
instructions for turning it on should be:

Compile using apxs (detailed instructions)
Install using apxs (detailed instructions)
Config settings

That's all that should be needed.

Ryan

406 29th St.