httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: --enable-dav
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2000 15:34:29 GMT

> For now, yes: both must be enabled. You're saying "give me DAV, and give me
> the filesystem plugin." With a bit o' config magic, we could default the
> latter.
>
> The problem is with the ordering of the configs. We can't be sure that the
> dav_fs config check will occur *after* the dav check. So we can't default it
> properly.

Sure we can.  We do something like this with both mod_cgi and
mod_so.  Mod_so is MUCH easier, because we only really have to worry about
standard modules so everything is in the same config.m4 file.  For
mod_cgi, we had to actually check the MPM used.  This is the same model
that dav_fs should be using.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131