httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject dbmmanage
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2000 03:16:27 GMT
Forgive me if this has been discussed in the past and I missed it.

I have written some stuff to manage DB/DBM files for use with
mod_auth_db(m). I've done this because dbmmanage, while nice, does not
handle groups at all, and so I always ended up hacking something
together with Perl. And, since dbmmanage is already in Perl, it made
sense to just extend it a little.

Mainly, I was wondering if there was any consensus about how such a tool
should work (as in actual command-line syntax) or, if it does not
matter, if I should just contribute something and see what people think.

I don't actually have a single unified tool, just a bunch of pieces of
disjointed code living in various larger programs. But if it seems that
such a thing would be useful, I'd be glad to pull something together.

Rich
--
Rich@cre8tivegroup.com
Director of Web Application Development  -  The Creative Group