httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Nicholls <gnicho...@level8.com>
Subject Bizarre problem
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 21:52:53 GMT
 Hiya,
    I'm running into a bizarre problem where I'm issuing a request and the request
is being processed twice. After some hunting it seems that the problem (if it's
actually a problem) lies in the socket_read function in iol_socket.c.
    To cut a long story short, this guy is setting the connection->client->incnt
value to 4096 (his input buffer size) independent of whether any data is received.
The actual receive returned a WOODBLOCK(which is how my head currently feels). This
caused everyone to go back and use the same buffers they had before, hence
processing my request twice. He craps out after the second cycle because although
he thinks he has data left over based on the remaining length, it's garbage.
    I don't really feel qualified to touch this code so if someone could tell me if
I'm right on this I'd be grateful.
    G.