httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: logging APR errors
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:08:53 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> Apache has to do something with the char * it was passed.
> Presumably it would like to write this out to the error log,
> but it can't, because it doesn't have a request_rec or server_rec.

That's Apache's problem.  APR's problem is getting a meaningful
and complete error message back to the calling application.
Let's deal with that first.

I wish the rich error type hadn't been dissed; this 'one error,
one int' approach is soooo lame and stupid.  Yes, it's the
Unix way -- but so is decades of non-reentrant libc routines.
The rich error type has about a quarter of a century of
untainted elegant success.. but oh well.
--
#ken    P-)}