httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject logging APR errors
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:40:46 GMT
I got the following while trying to get mod_file_cache working on Linux:

[Tue Jul 04 17:13:59 2000] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (22)Invalid
argument: mod_file_cache: iol_sendfile failed.

Can you tell what failed without running a debugger?

This doesn't even point me to the failing file.  But that part is easy -
you know it's Linux, so iol_sendfile always invokes ap_sendfile.  If you
go there, you will see 7 syscalls or APR calls for the current Linux
flavor.  So which one failed?

Unfortunately, most of these 7 are network related which means they
could fail in production.  There's gotta be a better way.  I have some
thoughts but would like to hear other opinions first.

Thanks,
Greg