httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Nicholls <>
Subject question on mod-cgi
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:02:24 GMT
    First an apology. I'm fairly sure this isn't the best place to post
this however I _think_ it has some relationship to how mod-cgi does it's
stuff so I hope I'll be excused.
    I'm trying to get a CGI script to process a request, send the
response and then continue processing.
Now as far as I can tell, it looks like I can't send any additional
requests over this connection until the script finally terminates.
I'm testing this by having a script flush stdout after sending the
response headers and then issue a sleep(60) to simulate additional
processing. I'm using persistent connections because I need SSL
(although the problem occurs with an SSL connection as well).
    Can someone tell me if this behaviour is correct and if so, are
there any tricks I could use to seduce the server into accepting more
work over the same connection ?

View raw message