httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Did we ever decide how to move files around?
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2000 21:40:40 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> There are two ways to move a file around:
>
> Method 1:
>   *) locus:  cp old/file.name,v new/file.name,v
>   *) client: cvs del old/file.name
>   *) client: delete all tags on new/file.name
>
> Method 2:
>   *) client: cp old/file.name new/file.name
>   *) client: cvs add new/file.name
>   *) client: cvs del old/file.name

I prefer method 2 for its simplicity, but it makes it a right
bugger to track down why something was changed before the move.
You're wholly dependent on a) the person who did it correctly
specifying the full and correct path for old/file.name, and b)
remembering to look at the log for rev 1.1 to find out from
whence the file came.

So, on the whole, I prefer method 1.
--
#ken    P-)}