httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Talebbeik <sae...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject Re: TUX 1.0/Linux beats Windows????
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2000 08:28:31 GMT
Bill, you make valid points about pushing more and more
functionality into the kernel. However if you have a
"dedicated" web server machine, putting more functionality
into the web server could make sense. Also if "speed" is a
primary concern, and in the case of benchmarks it is, then it
again makes sense to push some of the functionality into the
kernel. Here is a link to another in kernel http server called
khttpd. They also show impressive benchmark numbers for serving
static pages. http://www.fenrus.demon.nl/index.html

Sam Talebbeik (saeedt@ix.netcom.com)
http://www.setjump.net
Open Source Server is "The Force of the Internet"

Bill Stoddard wrote:

> > > I obviously haven't looked at TUX, but having worked on similar technology
I'll