httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: hooks
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 20:53:15 GMT
Sam Magnuson wrote:
> All of this is fine if the abstraction of protocols is to give an easy way
> of plugging in an all new monolithic module that incorporates all the stuff
> for another protocol (ala the apache core stuff). If it is there to provide
> the ability to have a very generic framework and I can easily plug in
> different protocols and those different protocol modules can use some
> common modules to do certain aspects then it seems what exists isn't going
> to work well.

Catching up with this rather late, but I really can't see why you think
this. New protocol modules can call the hooks just like old protocols do
- how does that not work well?

And like Ryan said - give a real-world example of how this doesn't work,
and we'll figure out how to make it better.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html