httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <...@dotat.at>
Subject Re: Zen regarding accept filters
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2000 03:21:46 GMT
Paul Saab <paul@mu.org> wrote:

>This should also incorporate a check for __FreeBSD_version >= 410001.

I would have thought the check for the existence of SO_ACCEPTFILTER is
sufficient.

>Also, the fact that it breaks HTTP/0.9 isn't really a big deal if you
>are going to enable this feature.

Yes, but it does mean that it cannot be enabled by default (since
Apache must be standards-compliant), which is a bit bogus. However you
can use the "dataready" filter and get most of the benefit of the
"httpready" filter without breaking HTTP/0.9. There are a few user
agents that send request headers in more than one packet (e.g.
Netscape when it's sending a POST) but it isn't very common.

Tony.
--
en oeccget g mtcaa    f.a.n.finch
v spdlkishrhtewe y    dot@dotat.at