httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>
Subject Re: Configure for 2.0 ?
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2000 07:57:23 GMT
On Sat, Jul 29, 2000 at 10:55:32AM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Anyone have any opinions on us having a Configure interface for 2.0 ?
> I'm sure there are those who still prefer non-command-line interfaces :)

I'd have no objection except that it really shouldn't be caled
Configure. In 1.3, it just got too confusing referring to
capital-C-configure vs. little-c-configure all the time.

A shell script containing your favorite configuration options (like
config.nice but something you write yourself) would do the job, but
dealing with the necessary backslashing and ugly "--"'s everywhere
might be reason enough