httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: More detailed review of Ryan's filtering patch
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 03:14:47 GMT
>> The function pointer variables are in every bucket type, so they would
>> be at the same level as the color.
>
>But that's how it currently works.

Yes, but that's WHY it is that way, instead of how Greg's patch had
all the bucket parameters at the same level.  I wasn't criticising
your design in that paragraph -- I was explaining why we needed that
design to support registered bucket types.

Comments in the code are a good thing.  Did I mention that?  Not just
line-by-line comments -- block comments that explain the rationale.

....Roy