httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: splim-0.1.1
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 22:43:38 GMT
>heh, i cleaned this up a few weeks ago intending to release it here to try
>to save you folks the effort of starting a zero-copy implementation.  but
>i neglected to release it.  sorry 'bout that.
>
>here it is anyhow.  this was the start of a proxy toolkit... but i've not
>written an example proxy with it yet.
>
>http://arctic.org/~dean/splim/splim-0.1.1.tar.gz
>
>-dean

Cool.  Looks like bucket brigades, but made to run as fast as possible
rather than being portable.  It should be great for proxies.  Be sure
to add some comments before you forget what it does. ;-)

Have you ever looked at the Inktomi API for cacheflow?  It does close to
zero copy I/O while allowing filters to process content as it passes
through.  I only mention it because it has similar goals.  Unfortunately,
the spec is not public.

Six more weeks... then I'll try using this for the waka protocol.

....Roy