httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>
Subject Re: Why release 2.0 soon? (was Re: More detailed review of Ryan's filtering patch)
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:26:40 GMT
On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 08:21:12AM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> I have a VERY hard time understanding what the issues are here.  I have
> had pth working with Dexter before, so I know that works.

I don't know if this has changed, but back when Ralf got Dexter
working on FreeBSD, all he did was kill accept serialization. This
will expose race conditions in multi-IPaddr situations. Is there
something more in there now that I haven't seen committed in the past
few months?

> non-blocking accepts to APR should be trivial.

Other OSes won't have trouble with this? Cool.

> Making Dexter non-APR'ized is a bad idea IMNSHO.  APR fixes a lot of
> issues that weren't taken care of when Dexter was originally written.

If this model will become a supported threading model in 2.0, then I
agree. I can always undo the APR stuff later if it ever became
important.