httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Anywhere to go for a summmary of I/O filtering?
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 18:59:59 GMT
It is a complete red herring to focus on how async will impact the filter
design. Async will impact how modules are written, how filters are written,
and how the overall server is designed. "we can't add filters because async
will change them" is wrong-headed... using that approach, we would say
"the module/Apache API is wrong and we should not implement any new modules
because async will change them."

A possible, future async model is definitely not a reason to be concerned
about today's filtering model.

Cheers,
-g

--