httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>
Subject Anywhere to go for a summmary of I/O filtering?
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2000 09:02:02 GMT
I'm attempting to get caught up on 2.0 development. Is there an
existing summary of the Greg vs. Ryan deathmatch in the archives
anywhere? There are 299 messages from the past month in my mailbox
mentioning buckets or filtering in the subject (mutt rocks!) and I'd
really like to reclaim the hours it will take to digest them.

My two cents on filtering/layering/buckets while I'm still completely
uninformed: it'd be nice if the 2.0 release wasn't delayed until 2001.
I have a bad feeling that the non-schedule is being pushed out and
out, though. I'm leaning towards just not doing any filtering work in
2.0; async and nonblocking I/O will change how things work anyway.

- Manoj
*still* trying to get DSL. :(