httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Hill <ddh...@laurel.zk3.dec.com>
Subject Fix for error creating scoreboard on Tru64
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2000 22:29:58 GMT

Building on:
	Compaq Tru64 UNIX, v5.0a
	native cc
	sources from anoncvs 7/12/00

Hi,
    I could not get httpd to work, it kept complaining about not being
able to create the scoreboard. To make a long story shorter...
There is a fudge factor built into ap_shm_init() for the total size
of the scoreboard. This fudge is currently 40 and is used to cover
the overhead of the mm_malloc process. This number is too small on
alpha. I doubled the number to 80 and httpd feels much better,
and even is serving me pages !

If I understand the mm code right... the fudge should be based on
sizeof(struct mem_chunk) which is 24 on alpha, so 40 might have
been close, but 80 does work :-)

file is src/modules/mpm/mpmt_pthread/scoreboard.c

*** scoreboard.c.orig	Thu Jul 13 17:48:58 2000
--- scoreboard.c	Thu Jul 13 18:18:29 2000
***************
*** 104,110 ****
      const char *fname;

      fname = ap_server_root_relative(p, ap_scoreboard_fname);
!     if (ap_shm_init(&scoreboard_shm, SCOREBOARD_SIZE + NEW_SCOREBOARD_SIZE + 40, fname,
p) != APR_SUCCESS) {
          ap_snprintf(buf, sizeof(buf), "%s: could not open(create) scoreboard",
                      ap_server_argv0);
          perror(buf);
--- 104,110 ----
      const char *fname;

      fname = ap_server_root_relative(p, ap_scoreboard_fname);
!     if (ap_shm_init(&scoreboard_shm, SCOREBOARD_SIZE + NEW_SCOREBOARD_SIZE + 80, fname,
p) != APR_SUCCESS) {
          ap_snprintf(buf, sizeof(buf), "%s: could not open(create) scoreboard",
                      ap_server_argv0);
          perror(buf);
Dave Hill                             Unix Software Group
Mailstop: ZKO3-3/Y15
Digital Equipment Corp.               (603) 884-2985
110 Spit Brook Road         /\_/\     enet: ddhill@zk3.dec.com
Nashua, NH 03062-2698       (0_0)