httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Remove prefork MPM.
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 20:48:41 GMT
On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 10:10:43AM -0400, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> >
> > This is an ALPHA!  We can clean and optimize in beta stage.
>
> As long as we don't delete working items that will need those
> 'optimisations' to replace.  In other words, no deleting prefork
> until there's a replacement.

Unfortunately, the prefork MPM may already be broken. In an email from Joe
Orton, he said that he ran into problems with it and got stuck for a while.
Eventually, he saw the messages that it might be broken, so he used
something else.

But I agree with you: don't toss until a replacement is available.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/