httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: filtering patches
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 00:44:07 GMT
On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 07:16:05AM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > > From: rbb@covalent.net [mailto:rbb@covalent.net]
> >
> > Sorry I didn't follow Roy's exact comment till your checkin and didn't
> > comment in time, but...
> >
> > Please provide 2 concrete non-httpd applications of the brigades or filters.
> > If that isn't possible, I'm positively -1 on inserting this into APR.
>
> Firstly, ignore filters.  The filters aren't being put into APR, just the
> bucket brigades.

Bucket brigades are tied, also. Looking at your current definition, you have
AP_BUCKET_cached_entity and AP_BUCKET_URI. I'm presuming the latter is a
subrequest of some kind. I know Roy's version suggested a subrequest would
be a bucket.

Those files can sit in APR while Roy evaluates the stuff. But that is the
only reason they should be sitting there.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/