httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: filtering patches
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 00:55:49 GMT
On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 04:58:00PM -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> Would it be possible to agree on a directory within APR that would house
> prototypes for ap_buckets.c and ap_brigades.c and ap_filters.c, and then
> commit both Greg's and Ryan's files to that directory?  There is so much
> more that I could do if I weren't spending all of my free time trying to
> catch up to the current "state" of the sandbox.  It doesn't need to be
> tied into the server yet.

My patch contains the following:

- patches to:
    include/httpd.h, main/http_protocol.c, and main/http_request.c,
    main/Makefile.in

- new files:
    include/ap_filter.h and main/filters.c

I'm not sure what you'd be able to do without the patches to those files.
What pieces are you looking for, and how do you want to see the patches
handled? (note: I don't see this stuff as going in APR either)

And what do you mean "catch up"? I haven't updated my patch for a week -- it
is quite stable. (minor caveats of unrelated checkins to http_protocol.c) I
would think that you would have downloaded the patch a while back and simply
stuck with that.

Cheers,
-g

ps. note: it looked like Ryan already "agreed" to an APR directory and
    dumped his code into the repository and hooked it into the APR build

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/