httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Question about modules/mpm/config.m4
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2000 17:59:30 GMT
Yeah... I'm seeing that now. Right now it looks like MPMT_PTHREAD
just sets the ``use scoreboard'' stuff, kinda, but doesn't really
protect the pthreads stuff yet. I'm guessing a -DPREFORK would
be used to wrap stuff like the #include <pthread.h> line and various
places where we still use pthread_t, etc...

I'll make sure to copy the whole CVS over to my Powerbook... It'll
give me something to do on a long flight I'm taking Sunday :)

rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Jul 2000, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
> > I have a question about this area:
> >
> >     if test "$mpm_explicit" = "no"; then
> >       if test "$MPM_NAME" = "prefork" ; then
> > 	MPM_NAME="mpmt_pthread"
> > 	EXTRA_CFLAGS="$EXTRA_CFLAGS -DNO_THREADS"
> >
> > Is that right? If MPM_NAME is "prefork" we reset it to mpmt_pthread?
> > That means the 'if' clause of the below is always enabled for prefork:
> >
> >       if test "$MPM_NAME" = "mpmt_pthread" ; then
> > 	EXTRA_CFLAGS="$EXTRA_CFLAGS -DMPMT_PTHREAD"
> >       elif test "$MPM_NAME" = "dexter" ; then
> > 	EXTRA_CFLAGS="$EXTRA_CFLAGS -DDEXTER"
> >       fi
>
> I know this sounds strange.  This does work, and it is correct.  The
> problem is that the way mpmt_pthread currently works, if you specify
> NO_THREADS in CFAGS, then it emulates prefork.  When I combined the MPM's
> I used mpmt_pthread as a basis for my work.  Rather than mess with it too
> much, I left the prefok emulation working through CFLAGS="-DMPMT_PTHREAD
> -DNO_THREADS".  In the future I would expect that to change to just
> -dPREFORK.
>
> Ryan

> 406 29th St.
> San Francisco, CA 94131