httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Life is hard, and then you die" <>
Subject Re: Encoding code in APR
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2000 06:06:10 GMT
On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 08:28:44PM -0700, wrote:

> > For the SHA1 and MD5 hashing stuff, I'd suggest putting them under
> > apr/crypto/ ("cryptographic algorithms"). That leaves the directory open to
> > other crypto stuff (i.e interfaces to SSL, TLS, or whatever).
> Either apr/crypto or apr/hash, either way.  crypto is probably better,
> because it can't be confused with hash tables.

Ok, so

  apr_md5, apr_sha1        -> lib/apr/crypto/
  ap_base64, ap_checkpass  -> lib/utils/
  ap/ap_cache, ap/ap_hooks -> lib/utils/

I'm wondering about main/util_* - util_md5.c and util_date.c could be
moved to lib/utils/, but the other stuff references things like request_rec
and therefore aren't suitable for putting in lib/utils/ unless we make that
lib tightly bound to apache (i.e. unusable outside of it).

View raw message