httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: BIG filtering patch.
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 02:36:35 GMT
>This patch uses hooks, but it is completely recursive, and I expect to add
>filter names at some point.

What is the rationale for using hooks?  They just seem to be
obfuscating what should be a simple stack of filters.  We don't
want filters to be self-sorting in any case, since that would
interfere with layered encodings and subrequests.  It also doesn't
serve our purposes to be calling a core register function to insert
filters when all we ever want to do is push them onto a stack and
pop them off a stack.

I think if we can agree on an answer to that one question then it will
be relatively easy to merge all of our stuff into a single sandbox and
jump start a coding frenzy.

The usage of ap_bucket_brigade_to_iol seems a bit odd as well, since
an iol itself should just be a filter, but that can wait.

....Roy