httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/main iol_socket.c
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2000 21:05:04 GMT
On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 01:55:46PM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > > I did write a log for this.  ARGH!  Basically, we can't just assume APR is
> > > providing ap_sendfile.  Setting the sendfile pointer to ap_sendfile is
> > > only valid if APR_HAS_SENDFILE is true.
> >
> > I don't understand this, then. The #if/#endif below assumes that
> > iol_sendfile *was* set and arrived at that function. *then* it switches on
> > the behavior.
> >
> > Wouldn't you want to put the #if down in the socket_methods structure?
>
> Yes.  I feel stupid.  :-)

Nah, don't... I asked because a valid response might have been "the sendfile
slot is not allowed to be NULL."  (sub-optimal, but possible)

In any case... let's hear it for peer review! :-)  ... Bill just got one
today, too.

[ I was just spouting off on these benefits yesterday to a VP/Development
  at a company; always nice to see it working as well as I tell people :-) ]

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/