httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: --enable-dav
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2000 12:04:43 GMT
On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 12:56:06PM +0100, David Reid wrote:
> Do we also need to have mod-dav_fs if we ask for mod_dav?  If so shouldn't
> it be enabled if we just use --enable-dav?
>
> This seems more logical than having to use
>
> --enable-dav --enable-dav_fs
>
> Just a thought after trying it this morning, or is it afternoon already...
> Oh, and it works OK on BeOS R5!

For now, yes: both must be enabled. You're saying "give me DAV, and give me
the filesystem plugin." With a bit o' config magic, we could default the
latter.

The problem is with the ordering of the configs. We can't be sure that the
dav_fs config check will occur *after* the dav check. So we can't default it
properly.

There was a discussion a while back about how to order the config files that
we find under src/modules/. We may need to revive that.

And yes: it is now working in Apache 2.0 :-) ... I've just completed some
APR changes to fill in the holes that I left in the initial pass. Commit
coming soon.

Cheers,
-g

--