httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David Reid" <>
Subject Re: --enable-dav
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 17:40:13 GMT
I agree.  Even though I use DAV on 1.3.12 I think it should be OFF by
default.  If someone wants it on, then they probably know what it is and how
to use it.  A much better solution.

I'm sure Greg will contribute some VERY easy to understand instructions on
setting up DAV and how to enable it so it won't be hard.  Of course it does
raise the question of whether it will be included in a binary build?

I think we should make it easier to turn ON though...

> > > mod_dav_fs?  I just think that we should make it easy to enable as
> > > going to have it disabled by default.
> >
> > Actually, I think it should be enabled by default. I just haven't done
> > yet because the config/build stuff is in flux.
> I am VERY much against enabling dav by default.  The modules that we
> enable by default have always been the modules most people need/use.  We

View raw message