httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: Patch for winnt MPM ??
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 03:39:20 GMT
> From: greg@raleigh.ibm.com [mailto:greg@raleigh.ibm.com]On Behalf Of
> Greg Ames
>
> Gregory Nicholls wrote:
> >
> >     Now bearing in mind that I've _never_ used CVS before
> today I've prepared what
> > I _think_ is a patch for registry.c. If no one dies
> laughing I'll try service.c as
> > well.
> >     G.
>
> Being a fellow newbie with a mainframe background (and a fellow Greg -
> dang, there's 4 of us now) I can sympathize with the learning
> curve.  A
> quick hint - please use the "-u" flag with cvs diff.  On Unix a lot of
> us use .cvsrc files in our home directories where we stash
> all the flags
> so we don't have to think about it.  I'm sure cvs on Windows has the
> kind of thing.
>
> Here's what I have in my .cvsrc, inherited from Fred S. and/or Ralf:
>
> checkout -P
> update -P -d
> diff -u -d -b
> co -P
> rdiff -u
> cvs -q -z3

A better list then my own  [note to self... flag this message :]

I didn't recognize if you are using Win32 for cvs, if you are, this
info might help also...

Set HOME=C:\WinNT\profiles\%UserName%\unix or whatever you like,
and toss that .cvsrc file in the HOME directory.  Same with .ssh, if
you ever need to store keys for the SSH util.  Cvs will even play nice
and keep your .cvspass passwords in there.