httpd-dev mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: "free" borland C++ compiler ( again )
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2000 02:29:38 GMT

Bill ( Wrowe )...
This is Kevin Kiley...

Regarding building Apache with Borland...

I forgot to mention... I certainly have all the 'fixed' versions
of all the Apache files for Borland here for various versions
of Apache but I did not send them on purpose.

My feeling at the moment is that you are from Missouri and
you just want to 'see for yourself' where the make craps out
and address the issues yourself 'ASF' style.

As you will see from running the Borland make... it's not
a disaster but it certainly would be a HUGE patch if all
the changes are applied at once.

If you really want a 'core dump' I can send you all the pre-fixed
files but something tells me my way of 'fixing things' won't be
'your way' and they will all end up being re-done anyway.

( Example: Regarding the whole _findfirst/_findnext and
DIRENT.H issues... my approach when I am not using
my own highly optimized file and directory routines is to simply
rewrite the Borland DIRENT.H system header so it has duplicate
'fileinfo' entries that simply 'look' like MSVC so the Apache
build is happy but I'm SURE this would not be the accepted way
of doing things at ASF so I really can't even help you with
that one. )

If you get stuck on anything else let me know and ( pretty or not )
I am sure I have something here that fixes it.

Yours...

Kevin Kiley
CTO, Remote Communications, Inc.
http://www.RemoteCommunications.com