httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: filter design
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 16:12:04 GMT
On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> >
> > Historically, a veto has really meant "I really dislike this
> > patch, and I will implement a new one".
>
> No, it has *never* meant that.  It means strictly,
> "There are critical technical flaws in this patch, so bad
> that I won't permit it to go into Apache."  That's EXACTLY
> what it means, no more and no less.  Usually it is left as an
> exercise for the submitter to address the flaws, but that
> often doesn't happen and the patch just dies quietly.

It is amazing the divergent views of history.  :-)

I came to the conclusion of my view of a veto based on comments from other
posters.  One of those comments, was Roy saying:

"I would veto it myself if I had time to back it up with a fully
implemented alternative."

Sorry if I mis-understood things.  :-)

Ryan

406 29th St.