httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: filter design
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 14:26:01 GMT

<arguments about char * filters that are being discussed in other threads
snipped for brevity>

> ps. as a sidenote, i believe it's unethical to veto a patch when the
> vetoer has a 'competing' patch for the same problem as well. The
> 'competitor' is of course free to point out suspected design flaws,
> but should not use her voting power in a negative way in that matter.

Historically, a veto has really meant "I really dislike this patch, and I
will implement a new one".  To be fair, I don't have a competing patch
right now.  The last patch that I actually submitted for inclusion was
veto'ed by Greg about three weeks ago.  I posted a fourth patch, but in my
last message about it, I specifically said it was crap but had some
interesting ideas.

I have said that I am working on the bucket brigades design, because now
that I understand it, I believe it is the only real solution to this
problem.  I have also said I am not working hard on that patch, because I
needed some time away from this problem.  Although I have been reviewing
patches, I have only coded about thirty lines of my new patch so far.

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message