httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: summary: issues for my filtering patch
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 21:31:48 GMT
On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Greg Stein wrote:

> I agree with Ken on the usefulness/utility of the offered challenege (read:
> low/marginal utility). However, Ryan made it seem that this is the shortest
> route to dropping his veto. I'd rather write a bit of code than continuing
> to spew hundreds of lines of email :-)
>
> Now... this does assume that Ryan is doing the evaluation in a timely
> manner. Given that he has a veto in place, I would expect him to be timely.
> Ryan? What is the status of your review of the challenge code?

The review was made and it was posted earlier today.  I can re-post if you
would like.  The long and short of it is that this patch didn't meat the
challenge.  The exact details are in the review, and they are rather
detailed.

Whether you see this as a bogus challenge or not, I don't.  This challenge
goes directly to how easy it is to write a module that can buffer an
entire request, without copying all of the data, and without holding all
of the data in memory at once.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131