httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: ap_pool support for shared memory?
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:41:23 GMT

> > We looked at re-vamping our memory allocation model at the beginning of
> > 2.0, and we never really came to a good conclusion of how to do it
> > right.  If you want to submit I patch, I will answer any questions that I
> > can to help.
>
> Thanks.  I don't have a patch ready yet, but wanted some feedback on
> whether such a change would possibly be accepted back into the
> codebase.

I think a patch would be VERY welcome.  I would suggest that you look at
the archives from about February of last year.  You could try the hypermail
archives.  Look for the thread on which Dean was talking about using pools
to simulate malloc and shared memory allocation.  I can't remember the
thread subject, but it was around February of last year I think.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131