httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/build rules.mk
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:34:08 GMT

> >   Modified:    src/build rules.mk
> >   Log:
> >   Use libtool to compile instead of cc.  If we are going to use libtool,
> >   we may as well go all the way.
>
>     Well, during static builds these operations are equivalent.
>     Unless there is a specific reason to change it, this patch
>     should be reverted.
>
>     - Sascha

I think the specific reason is to avoid confusion.  If the two are
equivalent, this doesn't cause any problems, and it seems to have fixed
some for NetBSD, because it was included in a patch to get NetBSD
compiling.  The person who submitted the patch didn't say what problem it
solved, he just basically said that we should be using libtool to compile
everywhere.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131