httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject RE: default timeout values
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:17:01 GMT

> > If you are concerned about performance, then I strongly suggest we
> > adopt an APR_TICKS_PER_SEC that is native to the OS.  Unix can play
> > with seconds.  We'll play with 100ns units over here on NT.
> I don't get your point. My point is if, for example, sockopt uses int
> to specify some unit, why not have ap_setsocketopt do the same (assuming
> we have fairly uniform mappings across platforms).

ap_setsocketopt uses microseconds for all time values.  In fact, APR uses
usecs throughout for all time values.  If you find a piece of code that
doesn't, that is a bug.  Please change it to use usecs.  The reason for
these bugs is that APR started out using secs not usecs.

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message