httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: reading config file one byte at a time
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:31:24 GMT

> Needless to say, that sucks.  I figure it is a degenerate case of the
> new iol code or saferead or something like that.  I'll check into it
> later tonight if I get a chance (laundry night).
>
> This is on Linux, though it probably isn't OS-specific.

Yeah, it does suck.  It's the new buffering logic.  We have this in the
STATUS file as a showstopper.  I think Jeff tried turning this on, but ran
into bugs with the buffering logic yesterday.  Nobody really followered up
with his comments.  It is most definately not OS-specific.

There are likely to be some real issues with the buffering logic on Unix,
because it was compiled but never tested.

Happy hacking.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131