httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Filter I/O take 3.
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:59:37 GMT

I wanted this in a separate message so it didn't get lost in all the text
of the patch.

I would like to commit this in about 24 hours.  We have discussed this
concept before, and I believe this patch handlers (or is capable with a
few lines of code) every major issue that has been raised.  I see no real
reason to drag on the debate again.

If you have a veto, please speak up within 24 hours.  I will be flying to
NH tomorrow, and I will likely commit as soon as I get back to the hotel
after dinner, unless there is a veto pending.

Ryan

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> This patch enable filtering output.  I have not implemented input
> filtering, because I believe it is trivial once we have the output
> done.
>
> Issues resolved:
>      Grouping filters by type
>      allocating space on the stack or heap as appropriate
>      memcpy'ing data that is never modified (not done anymore)
>      Send headers after filters have sent the first block of data.
>
> Issues not resolved:
>      Negative pushback from the network (there is a comment in the code
> for how to implement this)
>      Filters that only deal with half the data.  (the basic idea is there,
> but it is not well tested.  Still working on this).
>      cleanup the code:  some stuff just commented out until it can be
> tested better.
>      insert ap_run_insert_filters for sub_requests???  I'm not sure about
> this.  Maybe we just want to inherit these.
>      Others?  I know there are others, but I can't think of them right
> now.

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131