httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/file_io/win32 readwrite.c
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:03:23 GMT
> >I would think that you *should* be able to make it as simple as
> >
> >ap_status_t ap_getc(char *ch, ap_file_t *thefile)
> >{
> >    ap_ssize_t bread = 1;
> >    return ap_read(thefile, ch, &bread);
> >}
> >
> >However, while the Win32 ap_read() handles eof_hit, it doesn't return
> >APR_EOF.  Instead, it returns the GetLastError() code (which is zero).
> Exactly, and that's a whole other argument. If you dig through the archives
> you should find me arguing that ap_read() _should_ return APR_EOF. However,
> posix read() doesn't work this way and unixheads are the majority around
> here.....

Don't lump us all in together.  I was and am on your side about
APR_EOF.  I would like to see APR return the information that you have hit
the enf of the file.  Some Unixheads are just still looking at POSIX and
not seeing where changing things could help.  :-)

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message