httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0 STATUS
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2000 17:08:20 GMT

> > This discussion was had before. The original intention was that
> > ap_config.h shouldn't be included, directly or indirectly, outside
> > Apache and its bundled modules. If it is being included, why?
>
> The following headers each include ap_config.h:
>
>     ap_base64.h
>     ap_hooks.h
>     ap_sha1.h
>     httpd.h
>
> The above files include ap_config because they need API_EXPORT and friends.
>
> Wow. There is a ton of crap in there. For example, if HAVE_SYS_RESOURCE_H is
> defined, then it just includes the header. Why? Whothehellknows. It just
> does.

I'm working currently on fixing ap_config_auto.h, then I'm going to attach
ap_config.h.

> Feh... all that should disappear. The modules that need a header should
> include it themselves. ap_config.h (and httpd.h in turn) should not be an
> "include the world" header.

Agreed.

> That ap_select() and ap_sigwait and stuff like that is also quite bogus. But
> I've seen Ryan working on torching that stuff. Ryan? Are you working on the
> other stuff in ap_config by any chance?

ap_config comes after I finish with ap_config_auto.  This slow and tedious
work, so it will take a while.  :-)  I am interspersing this stuff with
some other projects, because this stuff is boring.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131