httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0 STATUS
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2000 23:14:12 GMT
On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Greg Stein wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 02:51:12PM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > >   +    * Fix up ./configure to properly detect the various dynamic load
> > >   +        libraries/flags on the different platforms (current, we default
> > >   +        -ldl which is wrong).
> >
> > This is already in the STATUS file.  Adding it a second time doesn't do
> > anything.  This is the second item under showstoppers.
>
> Actually, it does do something :-) ... the showstopper is very generic. It
> just says "fix this" without being all that clear on specific items. With
> the above item, anybody can go "ah! I understand that and would like to work
> on it."

So add a note to the current STATUS item.  Having two items doesn't help
here.  Now, we know that the entire configuration scheme is broken,
mod_cgid selection needs to be fixed, and on a completely different topic,
the definition of LIBS needs to be fixed.  Please just add a second note
to the current showstopper, instead of adding a second showstopper.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131