httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard config.m4
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2000 14:14:18 GMT

> >  Fix mod_so handling.  Basically, if --enable-so or
> >  --enable-some-module=shared is specified on the ./configure line, then
> >  mod_so is included in the build, -ldl is added to LIBS, and --enable-dso is
> >  added to APR's configure line.  Otherwise, mod_so is turned off, -ldl is
> >  not added, and APR is specifically told to build without DSO support.
>
> Please don't assume all platforms use libdl to implement DSO, it just aint
> so.

I said in my next commit that other platforms will have to fix this
themselves.  I have a limited number of platforms here, so I am coding for
those.  Please, just add OS/2 and fix it.

> Can't you use an AC_CHECK_LIB(dlopen,dl) ? Oh, and assuming -export-dynamic

No, I don't want to use AC_CHECK_LIB, because Apache doesn't need it at
all.  APR already uses AC_CHECK_LIB, and duplicating that check seems
horribly broken to me.  I am working on fixing the configure stuff, but it
takes time.  Be patient.

> is valid probably isn't safe either (not sure, it doesn't bother OS/2's
> gcc).

-export-dynamic is used by libtool, so it is valid here.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131