httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard mod_auth_digest.c
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 16:25:11 GMT
On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> >
> > I seriously hate having some functions return APR_ENOTIMPL and others
> > cause a compile break.  I will fight this tooth and nail because it
> > changes the rules on developers half-way through the game.  :-)
>
> I agree, but not because we're changing the rules 'half-way through
> the game.'  We're still in alpha, and there ARE no rules.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I didn't mean the rules of Apache 2.0.  I dislike
the APR_ENOTIMPL for the reasons stated in October.  I dislike having a
mix of APR_ENOTIMPL and compile breakage because it changes the rules
within the same version of APR.

I will discuss the APR_ENOTIMPL solution, I will advocate the compile time
breakage, and I will fight a mixture of the two.

I hope that clears up the "Breaking the rules" statement above.

> Consistency is necessary, so either APR_ENOTIMPL or compile breakage,
> but not a mix.

That's what I was trying to say, you do it much better than me
though.  :-)

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131