httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard mod_auth_digest.c
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2000 16:06:06 GMT

> > And I continue to insist that returning ENOTIMPL means that you're
> > hiding the fact that different function sets are implemented on
> > different platforms.
>
> Sure.  But whether or not there is the APR_ENOTIMPL flavor of the
> function:
>
> . it is a bug in APR if APR doesn't provide the appropriate feature
>   test macro

APR does provide feature test macros for all features that can currently
be turned on or off.  As more features are toggle-able, more test macros
will be introduced.

I seriously hate having some functions return APR_ENOTIMPL and others
cause a compile break.  I will fight this tooth and nail because it
changes the rules on developers half-way through the game.  :-)

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131