httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject limit code in 2.0.
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 23:23:36 GMT

I have been working today to put the limit code back into Apache
2.0.  Basically in 1.3 we use setrlimit on the machines that have it, and
ignore this issue on those machines that don't have it.

I started to implement an APR type for rlimit, but this was really useless
because it maps directly to (get/set)rlimt/getrusage.  I looked at Windows
and BeOS, neither of these platforms supports setting system resource
limits, that I could find.  Granted, I didn't search very hard on either.

My current thoughts are to put the code back in exactly where it was
ripped out, and use the exact same #ifdefs to determine if it gets
compiled or not.  If anybody has a problem with this, please let me know.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131