httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: filtered I/O - flow control
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 21:05:56 GMT

> > > Given that all "body output" will come through ap_r*(), we can fix Apache
> > > to automatically call ap_send_http_header(). This would allow the content
> > > generator and the filters to monkey with the headers right up to the last
> > > moment. It also means people don't have to worry about calling
> > > ap_send_http_header() any more, which can be a bonus.
> >
> > This is exactly what I said.
>
> No, it is not exactly what you said.
>
> You mentioned the desire to store the headers into the request_rec, rather
> than (accidentally) shoving them through the filter. I stated that the
> headers are already there. I then followed up with a further clarification
> of the reorganized header-output mechanism (which you quoted above).
>
> Sorry for being argumentative here, but there are times when you say "but
> that's what I meant" or "I already said that", yet it was quite clear that
> you really didn't mean/say <whatever>. I felt like calling you on it :-)

You can call me on anything you want, but this is exactly what I said.  We
currently ask handlers to output the headers.  This doesn't work with
filters.  The code that actually outputs the headers (from the
request_rec) needs to be moved to either ap_r* or ap_l* depending on the
approach.  Re-read it, because that's exactly what I said/meant last
time.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131