httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard config.m4
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 14:44:32 GMT

> >  Fix building with DSO support.  If any module is configured to be
> >  compiled for shared support then APR_HAS_DSO is enabled and -ldl is
> >  added to the LIBS variable.  -ldl may need to be modified based on
> >  platform.  If no modules are designated as shared then APR_HAS_DSO is
> >  disabled and nothing is added to LIBS.  In basic testing this compiled
> >  without errors or warnings.
>
> Err, what's the point of disabling ap_dso_* on platforms that will always
> be able to build them (those using a native API)? It's a library, if the
> functions aren't needed they won't be linked.

I didn't try to make this work on all platforms.  The linking was a real
issue for Unix platforms.  If OS/2 wants to always turn on the dso code,
then that's cool, just modify the configure.in in APR to ignore the check
or modify config.m4 in modules/standard to always turn it on.  This needs
to be done for some paltforms however.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131