httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/modules/standard config.m4
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 14:33:35 GMT

> >   Fix building with DSO support.  If any module is configured to be
> >   compiled for shared support then APR_HAS_DSO is enabled and -ldl is
> >   added to the LIBS variable.  -ldl may need to be modified based on
> >   platform.  If no modules are designated as shared then APR_HAS_DSO is
> >   disabled and nothing is added to LIBS.  In basic testing this compiled
> >   without errors or warnings.
>
> Thanks!
>
> I am a bit confused about why you did a cache check for
> ac_cv_enable_dso, but it seems to be working fine in spite of my
> confusion :)

The cache check is the only way I know of to propogate values from Apache
down to APR.  Jim says hints.m4 does this, but as far as I can tell this
only works for EXTRA_* environment variables.  I got this committed, but I
think I have a better way to do it later today.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131