httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src ApacheCoreDll.dsp Apache.dsp ApacheCore.dsp Apache.dsw ApacheCore.def Makefile.win
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2000 02:49:57 GMT
On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > wrowe       00/06/05 18:15:10
> >
> >     Fixes 1) The htpasswd and ab binaries, by converting ApacheCore.dsp to
> >              a library MSVC project.
> >
> >           2) Creates the ApacheCoreDll.dsp project to produce the dso
> >              version ApacheCore.dll
> >
> >           3) Some misc fixups to the original http_main.c -> Apache.exe
> >              conversion that misses newly added symbols.
> >
> >     Code fixes to follow in a seperate patch.
>
> Ok... if there are objections, let 'em fly.  The Win32 Apache-2.0 port should
> now build and run.  There are still some flukes (I'm chasing a GP fault right
> now, but it may not even be in the 'real' code, but in my development tree :-)

I still don't see why we need .lib and .dll versions of our code. Just
create .dll versions and dynamic-link against them. The additional
complexity of two types of outputs seems rather silly... what is the
benefit that we get?

> Unix DSO Question:
>
> I was reading over the dso docs for Unix.  They imply we set up a stub when
> we are building the dso library version of the unix port.

What is "the dso library version of the unix port" ?

>From the rest of your email, it seems like you are under the impression
that Apache can be built as a .so. Euh... not the case. As a result, there
are no main() issues.

Cheers,
-g

--